New Features Announcement, January 2021
The accuracy of 3D site models depends on many parameters, especially the quality of the data acquisition. Your day-to-day work, familiar processes, and equipment at hand sometimes will divert from Datumate’s recommended best practices. If too many deviations come together, you can reach an edge case putting accuracy at risk.
With our new release, DatuBIM now handles various edge cases and secures the accuracy of models created under less optimal conditions.
- The edge cases now supported revolve primarily around the following issues or their combinations: flawed RTK data, non-standard GCP coverage, unit transformations issues during the use of local coordinate systems, and inconsistent flights, such as different altitudes during the flight, flawed and insufficient coverage, etc.
- We added automated detection of a wide variety of circumstances causing edge cases.
- We adapted parameters and configurations of DatuBIM’s photogrammetric engine to address these circumstances and generate models with survey-grade accuracies also in edge case.
- Also, we resolved a known issue of DJI RTK drones sometimes reporting the wrong altitude.
Improvement to Annotation Specifications
The Annotation feature in DatuBIM is a crucial tool to share insights and alerts across teams and stakeholders. We improved the annotation window to make it more intuitive and user-friendly.
- Description field
- File details are shown on
- File preview of reviewable files by a click;
- Visualization of note
- Scrollbar for easy navigation.
DatuBIM’s photogrammetric engine to improve the quality of Point Clouds, 2.5D Terrain maps, 2.5D Surface maps, and Texture models.
Overcoming issues caused by moving objects, these maps and
models are now less noisy and much smoother.
The improved user interface and the new functionalities make sure users report
issues more conveniently and have better, easier, and quicker access to
Improved Model Quality
Minor Fixes and Improvements
We made minor UI improvements, fixed bugs, and resolved usability issues.
New Features Announcement, January 31, 2022
Major Improvement in Volume and Delta Volume Performance of volume and delta volume was highly improved as far as speed of calculation. Changes in the Use of Base Surface for Different Calculations User now has to select the initial base surface for ...
New Features Announcement, January 9, 2022
AI Ground Control Points (GCPs) Marking Method Another powerful time-saver. Machine (ML) / Artificial Intelligence (AI) can be used for marking GCP on images by looking for different shapes of marks in the images. The search of these marks in ...
New Features Announcement, January 12, 2022
Delete Site Ability Gave authorized users to option to delete a site to allow them to clean up as needed. When a site is deleted all its flights are deleted as well. Delete Flight Ability Gave authorized users to option to delete a flight from a ...
New Features Announcement, January 15, 2023
Undulation Value is Now Calculated Automatically User does not need to worry about the undulation delta adjustment for flight taken with RTK drones. The system will now calculate it and use it automatically and behind the scenes when it is ...
New Features Announcement, June 2021
Tablet Support We are working towards a responsive DatuBIM interface for easy work on any Internet browser on tablets. This will give our users maximum flexibility and efficiency in using the platform directly at the construction site. We are ...